Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Am I lucky or what

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by DOH, Mar 22, 2010.

1. How can anyone fall for this drivel? Apart from the grammar and spelling I suspected this email was dodgy when they didn't ask for my Great grandmother’s maiden name.
    (Sorry, I should have posted in jokes and humor)

2. #2 Ljiljan, Mar 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  3. Subtlety is the key. :-s
  4. WTF??! I defies belief that any english speaking person with an email account could actually fall prey to such a blatant phishing scam.

For a LOL, ask them if they'll just transfer the $8.5m via western union - no need for the red tape of bank accounts and the like :grin:
  5. There are so many of these things floating around (though this one seems unusually comprehensive and blatant) that you don't need a high percentage hit rate to account for quite a substantial value of industry.

I assume that people do fall for this stuff, otherwise the perpetrators would have moved on to something else or become more sophisticated. You'd think so, anyway.
  6. My name is James Morphine

that should explain it, thats what the guys on
  7. Most of the people on this forum are a least a little computer/internet savvy. But there are plenty of people out there who aren't.

And lots of people are stupid or/and greedy.
  8. some people have all the luck.
  9. Exactly what I was going to post :dance: Looks like he wrote his surname of said substance he was on :demon: