Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Am i lane splitting/filtering?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by tonee, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been riding threads about lane spltting and filtering and they're not very clear.

I've also been riding between parking and traffic lanes(if that makes sense). E.g. Victoria street in richmond as i ride down there everymorning going through between the parked cars and moving traffic.
    The lane which the cars are parked are pretty wide and have plenty of room for me to ride with the cars.

Is what im doing legal? is it lane splitting? im not splitting any lanes, but only using whatevers left of a lane of parked cars.

2. put the state that you're from (melb obviously) in the thread title before this is deleted :wink:

i do the same as you, im unsure as to the legality of it, but i dont think it is illegal in itself, no. just make sure you watch for people opening doors of the parked cars, not fun when that happens...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.