Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Am I being scammed???

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Caz V1, Dec 18, 2007.

1. I've had a few emails like this from the same crowd, are they pulling my leg?

The Irish Lottery
    P O Box 1010
    11 G Lower Dorset Street,
    Dublin 1, Ireland
    (Customer Services)
    Ref: UK/9420X2/68
    Batch: 074/05/ZY369

Dear Winner

This is to inform you that you have been selected for a cash prize of £1,000
    000,00 (One MillionPounds Sterling Only) in cash credited to file
    KTU/9023118308/03. held on the16 of December. 2007 in Uk.The selection process
    was carried out through random selection in our computerized email selection
    system(ess) from a database of over 250,000 email addresses drawn from which
    you were selected.
    The Irish National Lottery is approved by the Uk Gaming Board. In other to
    claim your won prize from the lottery board you are required to fillout the
    claims processing form and send it to our Claims Agent here in the UK with the
    details below:

PHONE; +44 70457 18834
    Fax :+44 7075707725
    Email: officialcontactclaimsagent1@yahoo.co.uk

Below is the claims form you are required to fill:

Goodluck from me and members of staff of the IRISH NATIONAL LOTTERY.
    Yours faithfully,
    Sir Kolyn Perkins.
    Online coordinator for
    Sweepstakes International Program.
  2. I dare ya Carol !
  3. yes....irish national lottery lol :tantrum:
  4. hmmmm i dont know how they would ever have a spare 1mil pounds (BTW Ireland uses Euros anyway) if you didnt even know you had entered....

Still, im fairly sure thats a load of Bullsh!t... But congrats anyway. lol
  5. Your first reply, from a different email account set up just for that purpose should be simple like "That's great, please tell me more"...

It takes about 5 or more exchanges before they are on the hook and start personalising their replies... then the goal is to keep them thinking you are on the hook for as long as you can...

get over to www.419eater.com , it is great fun... I have a few email accounts set up for it,

One where my name is Lightning McQueen, one where I am Alby Mangles, and one where I am Christopher Skase...

6. who? :p

I did figure it was a scam, but I don't understand why, what are they trying to achieve?
  7. They are initiating a relationship with you at first.

Then once they have your details, they can see your a sucker to reply then ask for more info. But each time they correspond with you, they will add another sweetener to make you more interested until they have enough information to scam you.

I'll lend you a copy of the latest Futurama movie - Benders big break, you'll see how scammers work. . . . its a classic for those Futurama fans out there.
  8. Can you please send me your bank details so I can deposit the money straight in? Oh yeah I need a few thousand in fees before I can process the funds. etc etc etc

it is another version of the nigerian scam
  9. Hey Caz,

They also do it for identity theft etc.
    Trust me, there are people out there who send out their original passports, banking details etc.

Out of every 1000 emails sent, i'm sure at least 1-2 people would bite?

Also if you send an email back asking for more info, they usually dont reply. I send them out just to have a bit of fun but they never send one back :( :LOL:
  10. Caz, It is all above board.

And if your interested, I have a bridge in Sydney for sale. :LOL:
  11. Cool well if ya pay a small freight charge i have a bridge in melbourne that is going cheap.Then you will have 2 bridges :p
  12. Cheers daewoo, it was hilarious.
  13. Last time I checked Ireland(Eire) was not part of the United Kingdom. :shock:
  14. Those dam African Nigerians at it again. They make a killing from stupid,
    gullible (& greedy) Australians falling for this shit.
  15. Did the peroxide get in to your head when you went blonde Caz.. :LOL: :p
  16. You'll keep :p

I just couldn't figure out what/how they intended on gaining anything from me :?
  17. They'll scam anyone to make a buck Caz.. & make a buck they do!