Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Aluminium radiator repairs (Sydney area)

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by zrxbrett, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Hi,

The ZRX has sprung a leak in the radiator and can not be welded up. Can anyone recommend a repairer who could recore the radiator. I live in the Sutherland area but would be prepared to travel up to an hour to get it done right.

2. Brett, I realise it's not what you asked mate, but I'll give you the heads up anyway.
    There's a mob in Melb called BikeRad, or sometimes Race Radiators in Dandenong.
    They don't have a web presence accept for forum posts like this one. If you search you'll see.
    These guys are the sh!t when it comes to fixing radiators. That's why they don't advertise, they don't need to.
    They may even be able to weld the bent bits instead of re-coring.
    If you have someone like that in Sydney, excellent. If not, it's probably worth the hassle to send down here. Seriously, you could still save money, and have a faultless job done.

3. Chef,

Thanks for the heads up on BikeRad. I have seen ads in CycleTorque and my local shop also recommended them, but I was trying to see if there was a reputable repairer in Sydney.

If I do not get any recommendations from anywhere in Sydney, BikeRad seems the go.