Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alternator Rotor Removal.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by slideways, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Does anyone have any tricks to remove a rotor from a crankshaft.

I'm replacing the crankshaft of my track bike and reusing the rotor. They are press fit on by a single bolt in the middle that is torqued to 120Nm.

I've got the bolt off no problem, however getting the rotor off looks pretty tough.

Obviously Triumph have a tool for it, but has anyone got any tricks I might be able to try, that will not damage the rotor ?

Tomz is a public holiday so I'd like to get it off.... otherwise I'll have to wait till next Saturday to take it down to the shop :( (where they will prob charge me $50 for 2 mins of work)
  2. Buy the correct pulling tool or pay the shop to do it. Do not try any shortcuts. Have seen too many broken & damaged rotors, stators, cases & cranks from people trying to do it with screwdrivers, tyre levers etc. It's just not worth the risk.