Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Alternatives to RACV Roadside Assistance for Cars?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by duncan_bayne, Dec 3, 2011.

1. So, having told the RACV to sod off, I'm now left with the problem of finding an alternative roadside rescue service, primarily for my wife as she drives a lot more than me.

(She's also reading over my shoulder while I post this ... possibly wondering about my abilitity to think through the long-term consequences of my actions).

A while ago someone here recommended an alternative to RACV for people here in Victoria? I've had a search through old threads but found nothing :-(

TIA for any advice ...
  2. Do you need it?
  3. "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." - Charles Babbage
  4. I see one man struggling to comprehend rational connections, the other empirical connections.

I have nothing to offer except to suggest that profit might be gained from intuition. I do not, however, know how this will come about.
  5. i think you should create the DBACV and charge her mates rates. low anual premiums. or at least be competitive with what the RACV was charging her.
    initial outlay would be minimal. you'd need a suitable fast bike and a uniform
    you could recoup costs by ensuring her car mysteriously breaks down a lot. or at least breaks down often enough to meet leasing repayments on the new bike so you can claim it all on tax
  6. If you owned a Honda (which you don't) Honda have their own roadside assist programme....