Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

alternatives to eBay?

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by darklightBoy, Jul 26, 2007.

1. So I've had enough of eBay. You can't list anything for sale without half a dozen spam emails and someone from "Nigeria" trying to buy your item. It's happened to me that many times when listing things for sale.

What alternatives are there?

2. Oztion

I haven't used it but have heard others talking about it. Supposedly it is the biggest of the purely Australian ones.

3. I've only ever had one spam email like you've described. :?

options-
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/

or there are a number of category specific sites.

4. I have used Ebay a lot and never had a problem with it, there is other auction sites around but they are very tiny and offer very few items

5. +1
    buying of ebay is pretty good, but selling stuff is a ripe pain in the arse.

6. buying and selling isnt really a problem on ebay.

It's the fcuken robotic fcuken droids that they employ to respond to emails from the end user that annoys the fcuk out of me.

For months i've been battling with them over a seriously pathetic "rule" and all I got was 15+ emails from these fcuken droids that sent me around in circles to the point where I gave up.

If you list your email address on any part of your auction you are screwed. You will get phishing emails.

There is oztion and eroo but they are tiny in comparisson. *sigh*

7. I use Oztion as well.
    The great thing is you can list for free and only pay if your stuff sells.

8.  Top
  9. You could try http://www.alibaba.com/. Asian based, lots of bulk dealers there. Though it pays to know who you're dealing with. My eldest brother ordered a heap of SanDisk flash cards very cheaply from one dealer, in the hope of selling them over here, and they turned out to be fake. But perhaps that was the exception rather than the rule...

Doesn't hurt to check the site out.

10. Doesn't inspire confidence ;)

I was listed with them but never found anything useful to buy in bulk that you could move quickly.

Ebay blows goats.....however nothing will beat it for traffic. Besides I've had a cracker week for sales :grin:

11.  Top
  12. Oztion is great if you like tumbleweeds...........

Regards, Andrew.

13. Just had a look at Oztion
    Anyone who buys a 400D with kit lens for $2149needs to have his head read.
    what a freaking ripoff place that is.

14. There is also a new one that has been advertised "sellmystuff.com.au"