Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Altering my jacket + zipping it to my pants

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Paulstar, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Hey guys,

What do you think? i hav a shift Vendetta jacket and Berik leather pants, both purchased at different times. The jacket is bigger than the pants and too big for me now (i swear it has stretched but im told thats impossible due to the fabric liner)

The guy at Gypsy leathers has said he can take the jacket in (it needs around 15cm taken out of it) and attatch a zip.

This could cost upto $200 maybe more. A BERIK jacket that will zip to the pants is approximately $500

What would you guys recomend? Alter the jacket + add a zip or get a new jacket? I want the combination that will be most fitting and comfortable. I ride couple of times a week and i have a track day coming up

Thanks!

2. Bit of advice from someone who is a bit older,you don't shrink with age,the number one reason why people buy new gear is they don't fit anymore,I have no clue,buy the best gear you can afford

3. lol thanks,

Ill go and have a good look at the off the shelf jacket tomorrow and decide which option to take. I'm just wondering if its going to be at all comfortable mating the two non matching brands together.

4. I have a Dainese Gortex Jacket that zips to a Mosport Kevlar Lycra pants,
    part of there GP II suit,the only fabric suit passed by the FIM to race and this works a treat,anything is possible