Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alterations for bike gear

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Gurbachen, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Hi all, I just bought all my new bike gear at AMX Keilor, and have an issue with the jacket I bought. It's a Motodry...Assen maybe I think? (i tried to google it and can't find it...anyway not that important) It was the only jacket that fit properly, but it's missing one of the pop stud button things on the front, but it was the only one they had left, and the guy said that they couldn't get it in anymore. So anyhoo, he took $20 off the price and said that I could just get it repaired at any tailor or alterations place. Been to three so far (one of which was being relocated and only staffed by someone who wasn't inclined to speak English or talk to me), and none could help me with it. Called AMX Bayswater and the guy there made some calls and said Keilor could fix it for me, I replied that they said they couldn't do anything about it, he insisted they could, not helpful. Super long story short, does anyone know a tailor or alterations place in Melbourne that are known to be able to mess about with bike gear? I'm in the Western suburbs

tl;dr Need a bike jacket fixed, looking for a tailor/alterations place in Melbourne that can deal with it

2. I think Mars leathers on elizabeth st Melbourne do work on motorcycle gear
    Can try them
    I've been meaning to drop by shorten my leathers.

3. Hey Gurbachen,

Show it to Remote Repairs on Little Burke Street (just round the corner from PS in the city).

I had a very good experience with them when I needed some repairs done ... check out my write-up here: https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=118827

KN

4. Thank you both, I'll look into those places :)

5. Took my jacket to Remote Repairs, after being turned down by three or four tailors, they banged the stud button thing on in about three seconds flat, charged me $2. Highly recommended