Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alright, who's jealous?

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by Bogus69, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Today I was offered a ticket to the Malaysian MotoGP for Sunday (the ticket holder has scored a corporate box for that day but already had the ticket.)

Lucky I happen to be working in KL at the moment ;)
    and he even offered to give me a ride there! Sweet.

My 1st GP and its free!!!
  2. WE DON'T CARE!!!!!
    {no, really, just fantastic, make sure you take plenty of pics for us, eh?}
  3. Oh shuddup :? :p :p
  4. I HOPE IT RAINS :!: :LOL: :LOL:
    You lucky buggar :(
  5. Shut up, shut up, shut up and, just in case you didn't get the point, SHUT UP!!!

I don't care anyway, I've got to clean up my garage that weekend and wash the dog, so THERE!!!

(Have a great time, mate, yes, I AM jealous)
  6. Knowing my luck it WILL rain!

There hasn't been decent rain here for a while apparently. None of the usuarl 4pm downpoar.

If it's any consolation, I would rather be back in Melb not doing this project, than having a free tick to the GP.
  7. Well I don't care because I am going to th real one at PI on the 16th Oct, and if you are over there I am guessing PI you might not get to.

Lucky bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. congrats......I'll have to settle for laying out a decent slab of cash for PI
  9. Awesome track, but the humidity is a killer.

The K1 Grandstand really is "Grand" amazing view of the a lot of the circuit.

Rain......hmmmm, when I was there is rained on half of the circuit only.
    We were all trying to figure out why the cars were falling off around the back of the circuit.
    I notice with the bikes that there are alot of empty seats, it was the same for the F1 till 30 mins prior to the race, they must throw the gates open.

10. Why the hell would I be jelous? I just bought a new bike! Besides, I'm not even in Malaysia. 8)

OK, I'm a bit jelous. :(
  11. Hey Bogus. Have you checked the cost of tickets? Last year it was about MYR50. And from what I saw, there were a lot of complimentaries. Both times I have been there I was a guest of the Ducati Club. Tickets, T shirt and cap donated by Ducati.

The support races can be a hoot. Last year they combined the local superbike and supersport, novice and expert in a single race. A supersport came a very close second overall.

I watched it all from the Ducati hospitality suite......

How long are you there? I'm in KL 2-7 Oct. The beer is good.
  12. Yeah, the tix are 50MR this year too (for both days) So not much of a saving really, but "free" always sounds good. :D

I don't know when I will be leaving here actually.
    Was supposed to be midnight on 25th, but have to extend until "sometime" next week. It's unlikely that I will still be hear in Oct.
    I'll PM you if I am though.
  13. I've never been to a GP - So yes, I am jealous!! Some day i'll get to one... but not this year, unfortunately! <cries>
  14. been to a couple of superbike races (2 Aussie and 1 World) and a BEARS race but no MotoGP.....looking forward to it, accomodation sorted...ticket sorted....ready to roll
  15. Great. Now I've two people to be jealous of! :p
  16. It was a great day out and a great race for the 500s (once I got some ear plugs ! :D

Does anyone want me to email some pics so that they can host them or something?
  17. 500s?

I thought it was a MotoGP you were going to.

Did they have the 125cc "underbone" racers as a support this year?

(in Malaysia, stepthroughs are called "underbones", sort of opposite of "backbone" I think....)
  18. mate, i'm just so happy for you i could fart...

catch - :butt: