Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

alright its a silly question..

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by suzyq, May 18, 2006.

  1. well the only dumb question is the one never asked ... right?

    sooo.. as some of you know from my previous posts my bike is off the road due to my off :( as am i.. as it happens we have similar injuries.. anyway.. do bikes need to have a pink slip? ok i know it is a dumb question.. forgive me?

    and while i am here.. my brother has offered to fix my bike.. it needs new handlebars (yep they snapped, just like my shoulder), it needs a new radiator if my brother cant get the old one fixed (he works for Neal Bates, builds his engines in fact so has lots of contacts, lucky!) and a friend knows someone who can fix the dints in the tank. it also needs a new right front indicator. are parts for Spadas hard to get, it being an import?

    thanks in advance,

  2. What's a pink slip?

    I'm pretty sure you can fix your bike up and get straight back on it.

    Spada parts shouldn't be too hard to come by - or if not, better looking and cheaper aftermarket stuff is dime a dozen.
  3. thanks loz,

    umm here in nsw every year when rego is due we have to take our cars to be checked to make sure they are roadworthy, the actual certificate is pink, hence "the pink slip". i just wondered if bikes need them too.

    i have a years rego on my bike but just in case its not fixed by then....

  4. Heh that's a great idea. Although it would put every car I've ever owned straight off the road. :)
  5. Makes lots of money for the auto industry - does nothing for safety though. :roll:

    Stats for crashes caused by vehicle faults are pretty much the same whether its for those states that have annual roadworthies or those that don't. (the ones that don't have annual inspections do have more random roadworthy inspections).
  6. I thought a pink slip was what your boss gave you when you get fired......

  7. Yes, bikes need a pink slip in NSW when getting rego renewed, if older than I think it's 5 years.
  8. Isn't that a DCM slip (Don't Come Monday)? :)
  9. There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers :p
  10. Dont know about the pink slip as Im in victoria, just wanted to say, get the petrol tank pressure tested after you have it fixed just in case, better to be safe than sorry :wink: :)
  11. NSW - If your bike is brand spanking new then no for the 1st 2years I think it is. After that , every year you need, pink, pay your green & then you can go to RTA & pay rego, showing all the above paperwork :roll:

    If you let your rego lapse then you need a blue, green & gawd knows what other paper work rta insist on before you can rereg it.

    Note on new bike, Dealers take care of rego etc when purchasing a new bike ( or 2nd hand where rego has lapsed ) so you can ride out of the show room all legal & with a massive grin on your face. :biker: