Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alpinestars Stage Jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Zdster, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Anyone have any experience with this jacket? For those that havent seen it, it is a leather jacket with the front fully perforated. Looks like a good alternative in summer riding. Just wondering if anyone in Australia has one?

2. wondering if these can be found in australia in any stores still.

keen to try one on for size before making the purchase.

edit: looking at the A* site looks like theyve got the NYC with similar features. Anyone got or tried this on?
  3. I bought a 2 pc stage 2 yrs ago. I cannot find any perforated ones in Aust. I bought mine from US.

in 32 degree heat, its still hot. never tried the non perforated one so I cannot compare
  4. Dont know about this jacket but i bought a fully perferated jacket from bikers gear in cowes $179.00 and is good for a pretty hot day.If its really hot then out comes the shift mesh textile :wink:
  5. I have the A* stunt jacket which is very similair. it still gets fuggen hot when you are not moving but when riding above 15kmh it is pretty good. Also you can wet you tshirt underneath and the breeze is cool. :cool:

Best compromise IMO.