Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alpinestars S-MX R who's wear/own one?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by mick No:8, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Hi guys
    promies myself wouldn't buy bike gear for awhile,but just won an Alpinestars S-MX R (black/black) for $150. Dude has only worn it twices and from what I could see from the picture it's brand new. He said that it's just a little to small (euro 41). Just woundering how does these boots feel and hold up to other brands. Any help would be great.

2. I've had mine for about 15 months now of riding at least 2-3 times per week and love em. Had one small off and aside form a bit of leather scratching the worst that happened was the toe slider came off, but clipped right back on. Kept my feet dry on Friday riding to Bendigo in pouring rain and comfortable enough that i wear them all arvo when i ride the bike to work 2-3x a week. They do get quite warm on hot days though.

only boots i've owned though so can't compare to anything else sorry!

3. Got caught in the rain on Friday afternoon too (15min), caming home from work.

4. Just picked up my boots (Alpinestar SMX-R) last night for $150 bloody bargin as it was brand new only woren onces. Got it for some rich kid, who's up-grading this gear because it's the wrong colour for his new bike. One man lose is another man gain :grin: :grin: . Took it to work this mornning and boy does it take sometime to get uses to. It feels really funny wearing all the proper gears while ridding (Robo cop). But you feel really safe compare to wearing jeans, t-shirt and runners.

5. What a pansy. $150 is a very good bargain top buy.

I've had the SMX-4 (waterproof model) for 3 years. I've had 3 off's and the boots have taken the damage well. I've had no issues with any Alpinestars products at all.