Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alpinestars RC-1

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by duff_boy, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Hey guys, im after a new jacket and ive decided on the alpinestars RC-1. Only problem is a cant seem to find it in any bike shops. Would anyone know where in brisbane i can find this jacket. Im most likely going to be buying it online from the US, but i need to try it on for size first.(unless of course i can find cheap enough locally).

help is apprecated
  2. does it have to be the RC-1? I too thought this was the jacket for me, that is until I tried on an Ixon Famous jacket..as soon as I put it on I was sold! These can be had for around $630 (retail is $699)

Have a look at the Ixon Famous and see what you think - they look wild and have the built in back hump too like the RC-1.
  3. Yeh ive been looking at purchasing the IXON Famous jacket too. For about $700 its not a bad deal, considering it can be matched to any sized pants etc.
    Ive been looking at the Teknic Chicane/Violator and Berik Impact/Balistic jackets too.
    Just wondering if anybody has any reviews about the IXON Famous jacket, cant seem to find any on Netrider..
  4. ive tried on that many jackets and still the RC-1 is the best ive ever put on

i had a dainese santa monica for about a month, got rid of it, alpinestars was a much better fit and thought the quality of leather was generally better
  5. Im assuming you've been down to slacks creek (where all the bike shops are) then, and lawrance drive in nerang, if you can't find it in these two areas your hard pressed to find it in QLD.

The Berik, or even Arlen Ness (cheaper Berik brand) line of gear is just as good, and in my opinion better than Alpinestar, you can try these on at Highside leather (google it).