Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alpinestars mx-1 or rc-1

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by The Phoenix, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Hi all I’m in the process of buying a new jacket. I’ve narrowed it down to the And the . Does the MX-1 offer more shoulder protection or is it just aesthetics? The jacket will be worn everyday in the Rain, sun, storm…whatever. A friend suggested that the Alpinestars SMX Air-Flo would better suit my needs. So need some pros and cons or any advice. Thanks.
    PS I’m open to other suggestions too.

Heathen post has been edited, to avoid the incurring of any wrath.

2. Mr Phoenix, if you wish this post to rise from ashes of moderation and holding, might I respectfully suggest you edit the title to lower case, please. I know it's a trade name, model name, etc, but the present format will incurr the wrath of the gods :wink:.

Nicely done!!!

For the record, I have an RJays Octane all-weather textile jacket, which I really like, but I think you're looking a bit further up the food chain than that.
  3. from what i've read online, the mx-1 seems to be slightly more ventilated than the rc-1, and so more suited to a warmer climate
  4. both the jackets will be okay, if your wearing it in the rain make sure you buy a waterproof rainjacket to go over your leather one, leather doesn't like rain
  5. Thanks for the tips :wink: