Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alpinestars leather pant questions: Perfo worth it? How much do they stretch?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by grue, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Hey all, about to buy my first pair of leather pants, and with summer coming I'm wondering if the Alpinestars Track pants are worth the extra hundred bucks over the Apex pants, the only real difference appears to be that they have perforation on some of the panels. I don't mind spending the extra money if they will actually help me stay cooler, but if it's a waste, I don't see the point in bothering.

Also, any idea how much these things will stretch, especially in the thigh area? I tried on a pair of the Apex pants at PS yesterday and they were… not easy to put on. GEtting 'em clasped and zipped took a solid minute or so, but the gentlemen said they'd stretch and I'm better off getting 'em in that size since they'd stretch, and that way I've got the knee armor in close to the right place (it was a bit low on me in the next size up, I've got short legs for someone my height & size).
  2. [​IMG]

Bueller… Bueller… :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Don't know mate, I've only got my one piece which is perforated & I'm struggling to fit into!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I've got Apex pants. I didnt find them terribly uncomfortable during summer.
    Cant comment on whether perforation will help, but I was ok without it.
    They def do stretch. I used to struggle to put them on, had to sit/lie down initially.
    No problem now (used +20 times)
    They used to be very tight around the hips/thigh when crounched in riding position,
    but now they have loosened a bit
    • Like Like x 1