Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alpinestars Jackets MX1 or RC1

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by sydryder27, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Hi Everyone

I am looking to purchase a new Alpinestars jacket and I am divided between the two jackets mentioned above. They both fit well and I was just wondering if anyone has an opinion on which one is better.

Also does anyone know how they perform in summer?

Any help is greatly appriciated
  2. Not really apples and apples here, dude :)

The MX1 is the leather model: it will perform better in a stack [at speed], and keep you more comfortable in winter.

The RC1 is durable fabric mesh: removable armour is fine for impacts, won't perform quite as well as the leather in a 'sliding down the road' scenario [but still ok], and will be a LOT more comfortable in summer.

... the RC1 is also half the price of the MX1, coz leather costs more.

Ktulu's advice
    Buy the one you LIKE the best and can afford.
    Aim to own both jackets eventually... leather is great and pretty much it's only downside is comfort in summer. Different gear options are always good, depending on weather and style of riding you want to do... plus dress-code of wherever you are headed, etc.

I'd almost bet you cash you can get both jackets from the US for the price of the MX1 by itself over here.
  3. Yep, sure enough:

MX1 Jacket - $549 US

RC1 jacket - $210 US

I think Bikebiz.com.au had the MX1 listed at $899? ... screw that.
  4. RC-1 Leather Jacket
    They make a leather RC1 jaket and i think it looks better then the others so thats my opinion.[/url]
  5. Thanks for your quick responses

The RC 1 jacket is the leather jacket and its is $50 cheaper then MX1, it also seems to have a little more protection at the front around the chest area.

I am buying it from the US as it is much cheaper.