Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alpinestars / Dainese Jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by coke x, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Hi all,

As mentioned in the subject, I'm looking out for jacket and I can't seem to find one in my area (Toowoomba). I've spoken to some of the bike stores here and all of them do not have them in store. They are willing to place in order for me but I'll prefer to have a physical look before committing. I'm tall and skinny (~1.75m / 57kg) and I would like to try out the sizing before placing the order.

Tried using the search function from the forum but no info on the stores. Can anyone recommend me some big motorbike store in SE Queensland with a good variety of choice and size.

2. Hi Springwood Suzuki in Brissie have got some alpinestars in stock at the moment. If you want to save some cash get one out of the US after you work out what one you want. They are about $475 delivered from memory.

3. There is a sight i'm currrenly looking at purchasing motorbike apparel from, i asked for a quote and most you would have to pay for international shipping is $65USD ($83AUSD) which will take 3-5 days, there is some other fee's you will have to pay aswell but they will only amunt to $20USD. i'm going to make payment via wire tranfer which will happen instantly but take them 5 working days to confirm. further 3 days for paper work before they send out my items. All up will prob take me an estimated 2 weeks+ to recieve.

4. Did you try the exact model of jacket on in a shop first or do you just go from a chart?