Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alpinestar leather jacket - legit??

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by tbbm, Mar 21, 2012.

1. I'm getting a second hand A* jacket and paying good money for it but the tag on it worries me (it's not like the A* tags I've seen - red on black).

Are there A* leather fakes out there? I don't want to be riding around in something that falls apart when I need it most!

Any opinions as to whether it's fake or not??

2. That appears to be an A* Dyno jacket. There's plenty of A* fakes out there, and some of them have perfect labels.

I won't comment based on these pics, but the finishing of where the lining meets the leather looks a bit shit. Lining looks cheap too, but the big companies are all cutting corners these days. I would more be studying stitching, materials, collar and cuffs rather than labels.
    If there's no shirred panels behind the armpits then it's going to ride up when you put your arms forward. Good luck!
  3. Thanks! I appreciate the feedback - I think I'm going to let this one slide because I'm getting an uneasy feeling about it and I don't want to find out the hard way (when I'm sliding on the road).
  4. You planning on sliding on the road soon?
  5. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
  6. I like your thinking (y)