Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alpine Textile Jacket Sizing

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Dettol, Jan 23, 2011.

1. So i'm liking the AlpineStar exile textile jackets.
    Size options: S, M, L

AlpineStar's Size chart:

Size Chest Waist height
    Alpine X-Small 89-93cm 73-77cm 171-174cm
    Alpine Small 95-99cm 79-83cm 174-177cm
    Me 89cm 75cm 170cm

According to the above, an extra-small would fit me perfectly.

But from what i can tell, AlpineStars does not make Extra small in textile jackets. Can someone please confirm or deny this.

I've based the above assumption on this website- no Extra small option

• Does anyone here own an AlpineStar textile jacket?
    • Do AlpineStar make Extra-Small jackets?
  2. I went thru exactly the same process but for a leather jacket all this week.
    Where are you located?
    Do you have any motorcycle gear shops where you can try on the exile or other textile Alpinestars jackets that have sizing s,m,l?
    Go to the nearest gear shop, do not pass go do not collect $200.
    Order on www, receive package and be happy :)
  3. I found a-star textile measurement charts on there web page to be inaccurate in a jacket I was interested in. I ended up having to go a size up because it was too small.

The best way of checking is to go in a shop to check your sizing; however if that jacket is not available locally, then you're playing lotto.
  4. I'm having a hard time finding the said A* jacket in any local store i know.

It's interesting to note that you foudn the A* measurement charts on the website inaccurate. Another posted on some forum on the world wide web said that the size of jackets of A* through the various models were Not consistant :-s

... If you know mind, can you please give me your chest, waist and height details, and the jacket, & size which fitted you well,

5. It doesn't need to be that particular jacket. Try on any textile Alpinestars jacket to get an idea of your size as they should be the same across their textile range.
  6. If you're in sydney, try MCA's; they probably have the largest range of A-star jackets. Bikebiz also have some to give you an indication on sizing.

Me posting my measurements isn't going to help you.

PS. update your location; that way others in your state can direct you to the appropriate place.
  7. I'm in Brisbane
  8. In your case just get the smallest one, i.e. a small. Unlike leather jacket, textile doesn't stretch, besides textile jackets are usually loose fitting. Worse case if it doesn't fit you can always resell it, can easily recoup your cost.

Or you can always call them up to confirming sizing, actually you want to call them to ask for discount, A* stuff is mostly 10% to 15% off depends on what other things you buy. But don't expect much if you are only getting the jacket, because they are already subsidizing the postage as it costs more than $25 to ship it.
  9. I found MCA has lots of RJays stuff, I think it's like their store brand. Bikebiz has more A* gears.