Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

alpine stars alloy gloves

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by kyan, Feb 8, 2008.

1. I bought these alpine* gloves about 6 weeks ago and have done about 700km of city riding. The gloves feel fantastic on, however the left index finger they are nearly worn through which can only be from using the clutch!! wtf is with that? At this rate i reckon there will be a hole in a few weeks.

$120 gloves shouldnt last only 2 months should they?

Anyone else have these gloves and found a similar problem? Alpine gloves in general - do they tend to wear like this?
  2. I have Apline Star Gloves (SP2). I have had them for approx. 6 months and have done about 5000km, including a track day and a fair amount of twisties. Therefore lots of gear changes. They are still in good shape.

Not sure whats going on with your gloves.
  3. That happened with my old dainese gloves. They were one of the cheaper summer gloves so I can only guess that it comes down to the old theory "you get what you pay for".
  4. i have the same golves mate and have used them relentlessly for about 4 months now and they have shown no signs of damage... at all

you may have gotten gloves that were too small and not given the gloves enough room to stretch when your fingers reach for the levers
  5. Probably a one off. Take them back and get them replaced
  6. I had a pair and they wore a hole in the thumb from the indicator.. :shock:

Took them back and they replaced them, second pair have been fine..
  7. Maybe the ones you got were made from thinner leather like near the ball area of the cow/goat/horse i agree on taking them back and exchanging them for a new pair.
  8. My Alpine Star Alloy Gloves are starting to wear threw the left thumb from the indicator after 3 months (8000km). The right thumb is still good as new.