Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alpine NP camping

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Benny Boy, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Hi everyone. Im heading south at the end of the year and one of my days could see me end up in Victorias Alpine National Park.

Im wondering if anyone knows much about motorcycle accessible camping.

i know of victoria Fall, i've stayed there before, but i want to stay somewhere different if possible.

JB Plain, Raspberry Hill and Buckety Plain keep popping up on searches, but not a lot of info regarding reviews or if their motorcycle friendly.

Any help would certainly be appreciated.
  2. Anglers Rest you can get down along the river and you are a short stroll to the pub. If you come down the Barry Way there is a campsite on the Vic side near Seldom Seen but the road is very soft at the border and may be a handful on the M90.

I read your previous trips perhaps we could start a thread with camp sites and whether they were motorcycle friendly etc. It would be a good resource.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. There's also a book detailing free camp sites oz wide which you should be able to pick up from book stores / maybe camping stores or the RACQ shops .
  4. thanks.

I got a couple of books. They don't tell alot in regards to access, but its a start.

cjvfr, loving the idea of the motorcycle friendly campsite list
  5. Too late but FWIW:

JB Plain: park on the side of the GAR and walk onto the plain.
    Raspberry Hill: just off the BHP road, has a dunny; should be fine
    Buckety Plain: not tried it but the track looks easy enough