Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alpine Motosafe Motorcycle Ear Plugs?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by NSSherlock, May 5, 2013.

1. Anyone have these?
    How do they perform?
    Saw a banner ad her for them and thought I'd check them out.

2. after being very happy with my hear plugz .. i was interested in giving these a shot for comparison reasons.. you know.. science and stuff..

Did some googling around to see if i could find them locally and all i found was reviews saying dont bother.. (i think i found 3 negative and one half arsed positive reviews.)

also seem to be more expensive than my hear plugz so i gave up :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I've got some crappy ones from the local bike store. Too small to be properly effective, and on my last ride one of them fell out... Yes, apparently I have elephant ears.

Any particular tips on where to go for good ear-gear? Anyone tried noise-cancelling headphones? Think I'll next try a larger set of "tradies" earplugs and see how I go. Any pointers would be appreciated :)

EDIT: Scrap that - found Portagrug's other thread: https://netrider.net.au/threads/ear-protection-hearplugz-df.144266/

• Like Like x 1
  4. I've got a set of the Apline ones, they're great! I never used to end up wearing the disposables, but I put these in every time. Think I paid about $30 from a uk eBay seller.
    I'd recommend them that's for sure
  5. What sort of helmet do you have @fennell?
  6. I have a terrible helmet, so bought these to try to cut down wind noise while I save for a better one.

They work very well at cutting down high frequency noise but you can still hear the engine and some lower frequency wind noise.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Which ones are you using @m_wave ?
  8. I bought a pair a few days ago from probably the same UK seller. Naturally, yet to arrive but marked as sent quickly and the seller has good reviews. Not as expensive as from here for sure.
    Was a toss-up between these and ones in another thread.
    Based on reviews these won out.

The only real -ve reviews I found were a few who have got them stuck in their ear. Seems that can depend on the shape of your ear but possibility can also be reduced by using the tube to insert them - finger over end otherwise might trap them in with an air pocket.
  9. Arai 'something' it's the top sport model from 2 yrs ago, Hayden rep