Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alpine Highway status

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by hornet, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Does anyone know the status of the Alpine Highway between Jindabyne and Khancoban, etc? School hols coming up next week and I'd like to ride south :)

2. how did your ride go? what was the conditions of the roads? heading down there next month.
  3. I'm considering a ride out that way, in a few weeks..
    Am interested to hear what the conditions were like.
  4. Well, I didn't manage to find out conditions, so I didn't go, but on recollection, the last time I rode that road (there's a spellling disaster just waiting to happen) the road was opened the weekend before the MotoGP weekend.....

And having said that, with the recent snap of hot weather, it should definitely be good for riding.
  5. As Hornet said should be OK. RIng the Police in Jindabyne, they would know the status.
  6. Was down there on the weekend. It was fine: a few signposted gravely bits towards the Khancoban end but otherwise free of issues.
  7. Did it on the weekend on the snowy ride...
    Exactly what Osiris said....
  8. Any chance you rode the road from Ando to Jindy, via Dalgety? Is it sealed?
  9. Yep did it the other way and a few k's of it had been sealed only a day or two earlier.
    It still could do with a sweep for some loose stuff but we still managed to ride thru the new sections between 80 & 90kph without too many issues.
    So yes it's sealed the whole way.
    Not a bad run that I must say!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Awesome, thanks Joe