Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alors.. Merde! Those perfidious Poms.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by TonyE, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Nothing the Poms seem to like more than sticking it up the French... :LOL:

Those brought up (or who brought their children up) with the Mr Men books will love this one...

Farting Frenchman joins Mr Men cast

Mr Rude, a new Mr Men character with a French accent and a flatulence problem, is reportedly threatening Anglo-French relations.

The new bright orange cartoon is the first with a foreign accent to join the children's book and television series, whose more traditional characters include Mr Happy and Little Miss Helpful.

"Oh, parr-donne me!" says the ball-shaped figure in a heavy Gallic accent, after noisily breaking wind in a game where children are invited to pull his finger on the Mr Men website.

"Oh, don't seem soo sur-praased," he adds, before emitting another fart. "You pulled it."

A new series of the Mr Men show, featuring the classic children's characters, will start later this month on Five- a UK television channel.

"Mr Men is a comedy show for four to seven-year-olds ... The fact Mr Rude has a French accent is meant to be light-hearted and tongue-in-cheek and no offence to the French people is intended," a Five spokesman told the UK's Daily Telegraph.

The French embassy in London refused to comment, but a source quoted by the newspaper said: "It is obviously meant in a light-hearted way, but it won't improve Anglo-French relations."
  2. I like the way the flowers die in the vase... :LOL:
  3. So the French don't actually give a toss, but we'll make a headline out of it anyway.
  4. :LOL:

I like it!

(Then again, I'm British.)
  5. Mr Terrence and Philip?