Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alone and Inexperienced!!!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by Angel1010, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Hi there, I joined netrider about 6 months ago when I got my L's, I finally got my bike and after a lot of Drama have now been able to get on the road.
    I was just wondering if there is anyone available to go on some rides with me as I don't feel like I'm learning very much on my own and really need some feedback and experience before I can tackle my P's.
    Anyway I'm available during the day and most evenings and I live in Cranbourne, I'm too embarrassed or scared I guess to go on group rides at this stage so if there is anyone out there that can help me out I would really appreciate it, thanks. :oops:

2. Hello, and Welcome...
    Dont be scared, we dont bite... well maybe some of us :LOL:

But really, there will be plenty of people, go with some 250 riders and some bigger riders.

If your looking for riding tips, try choose some riders with the same style bike.

But always have fun, cya out there....

David

3. yeah welcome
    tippin by your nic your a female .... theres a few female L platers in the eastern subs .. so hang about the forums and you will get to figure who they are .... and iam sure theres a few that would love to go riding .... apologies if i did get the gender wrong

4. hey angel, welcome to the friendly forum, there's 2,500 members here and 2499 of them are helpful.

There's be HEAPS of people willing to take some rides with you.....

5. How many of them are active. 700?

Hi angel :wink:

6. Thanks

wow I didn't expect a response that quickly, thankyou so much and yes I am female :D I ride a virago and I find most people prefer the sports bikes but i just love the cruisers hey and I'm short so it kinda suits me, the thought of riding in a group is a bit daunting at this stage, I'm willing to try it though......
    Anyway thanks again :)

7. I'm betting it's me. Not intentionally. I'm just stupider than I think I am. :LOL: :LOL:

Hi Angel. :D

8. Re: Thanks

Just look for the Learner Friendly rides in the 'Ride & Events' section. They're easy paced and the more experienced riders will be there to look out for you, hold your hand and give you some good advice. Most importantly, you'll have a great day. :D

9. Depends what you define as active for a forum user? If you mean post regularly (say at least weekly) probably around 20%-30%, if you mean visit/read Netrider regularly (say at least fortnightly), but not necessarily post then it's a lot closer to 80%.

Just tonight we had our 2,000th member too :)

Welcome Angel1010 .. I'm sure you'll get a few posts and/or PM's offerring to go riding with you from people in your area. Cranbourne Macca's is a popular group ride meet point too, so your perfectly positioned for those when you feel ready to join the group rides :)

10. seany, I always enjoy your contributions. :D
    {I can see I shouldn't have started this.......}

11. Forum users are almost 2,800 and growing on average 40-60 per week :)

12. HEY JASON, thanks for those stats, I'm sure I'm not the only person here who's often wondered about exactly those numbers :D

AND this thread is about angel1010, not a mysterious forum member. No further correspondence on the subject should be entertained :wink:

13. hmmm so who has more than one avatar here? (the question was begging!) :twisted:

14. Thanks again guys you've been really helpful, i've never been on a forum before it's rather intersting to read your comments on members, I have been a member for 6 months as i said earlier but been to shy to ask for help, I have however read articles and browsed around on this site over the 6 months so I guess possibly some members are the same as me and you don't know that they are really there.....

15. A very good comment; I wonder how many people have been 'driven to ground' by some of the stuff that's gone on here???

16. Hi Angel,

The advantage you have with riding in a group is you can watch the lines the other riders take, how/when they brake for corners ..etc..etc..

Im sure there will be a learner friendly ride in the coming weeks hopefully you'll join us..

Btw, the P's test is far easier than the L's test IMO.

Cheers
    Tony

17. Hi there Angel1010 and welcome :)

Cheers
    Lids
    :D :D

18. Can't be any of us then. Don't worry hornet, I'll keep working on it till I know who's giving dodgy info. 8) :LOL: :LOL:

19. Welcome to the nuthouse Angel. I just upgraded from a Virago (me on one of those is a very funny and disturbing sight I can tell you) - you should have many, many hours of great times on the back of that bike. They're absolutely bullet-proof!

And forget shyness around here - its Blunt-Speak and plenty of it. Make some noise, ask some questions (2,499 of the people here are also coffee fiends and are posting at 3am in the morning), and just enjoy motorcycling.

Damn good advice, and almost true to the letter. (no-one will hold your hand - you have to steer yourself!) Best thing you'll ever do, I can promise you.

Start with short rides (down the coast to Frankston for lunch and back is probably a good ride) and work your way up for the big ones. It doesn't take long.

Stay safe out there!

20. Thanks Tony and hello, I understand what your saying and I realise that a group ride would benefit me but not if I'm completely nervous, a few solo rides and some one on one advice just seems less scary at the moment, I hope I'm not the first person to sound like a big sook on here :(