Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Almost new

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by arif, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Hi All

I have been commuting daily for 4 years and have been riding on and off for over 10. In a textbook example of midlife crisis i have just turned my back on my faitful, trusty, reliable - perfect matte grey, sensible japanese scooter and bought a red ducati hyperstrada.

As riding is now about fun rather than simply practicality i want to get more involved with other riders and in particular some group rides (in my more than 10 years of riding i have never been on a group ride even with one other rider) :)

2. Well, we'll have to change that, won't we? Check out the social section of Netrider and see if one of the (many) coffee nights is near you, ride along and say hello. There are also rides of varying standards and lengths going on all the time; check them out and plan to attend.
    And, welcome to Netrider :).
  3. Thanks Hornet

Looking forward to it.
  4. You don't need a crisis to buy a red Hyper, just excellent taste. ;)

(Although to be fair, you got the 'strada version so you can at least pretend that it's practical :p)

Welcome aboard, to both the bike and the forum.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome to Netrider mate

Where are you based?
  6. Thanks I live in Sydney Australia actually saw a hyper on a ride through the royal national park first one I saw on the road
  7. Welcome to NR...

Nice bike there.. ;)
  8. Two and a half weeks between post 2 and 3?? That's going to make organising a group ride a rather slow affair!

Welcome, i'm also Sydney Australia :)
  9. Well it did take him 10 yrs to realise he should upgrade the scooter. A nice leisurely approach to life sounds cool to me.

Welcome to the forummm.
    • Agree Agree x 1