Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alloy panniers

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by loader, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Hi,
    I'm organising my first epic bike tour (4 months up the east coast). I'd love to get hold of some beefy alloy touring panniers, preferably the lockable ones.
    Can anyone recommend any? Also has anyone made their own? I was thinking of using a couple of Alloy tool boxes of the type fitted under the tray of a ute. But at $400 each, they're still not cheap, plus they're heavy! :?

I'm trying to find a NX650 dominator to buy for the trip, which they'll end up on.

2. Alloy panniers are WAY too ugly....plastic is much better....I can sell sell you an easy to assemble kit...only 83 parts.....
  3. The PERFECT Domi is on 0412-300 717, name's Garry, Burwood's not far from you.
    One sweet example of the breed, with a lousy 20.000km (GENUINE) on the clock. Call him....
    Can't help with the cases, but he's got an extra-heavy duty rack for it (took me 3 days to make the bloody thing and have it powdercoated), which converts the bike to a single-seater with biiig carrying capacity.
    Bike was bought and set up for a Cape-York trip (that never happend), back to stock at the moment, but all the bits are there, and mint, like the bike.