Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Allow myself to introduce... myself

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Rayman, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Hello everyone,

New rider here from Melbourne. I got into bikes when I rode my brother's 250 'chook chaser' around up Mansfield way and I was totally hooked!

Got my learners from Motorcycle Motion in Moorabbin (recommended) then bought a GPX 250 after reading the advice of people here on the forums. I just wanted to say what a great website this is for newbies like me.

I had my first long ride today with my brother, we went from Ferntree gully up to the top of Mt. Dandenong, back down towards Lilydale, then onto the Black Spur. It was a fantastic day, I'm still buzzing a bit from it!

Hope to ride with some of you guys one day!

2. hey brett

welcome and ride within your limits!

other than that

i should go tosleepppppppppppp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~AHhhhhhhhhh there are lots of bugs attacking my screen
  3. well to the forums .
    stay safe
  4. good on ya mate !! ... enjoy your new life , stay upright (on yer bike that is ) and welcome to our :) world
  5. Hi base466,

welcome to netrider. That's quite a ride for your first 'Big one', the spur and all! You should join us for one of the rides that are regularly run through this site....Hell, I should go on one of them soon and say no to work!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Happy and safe riding,

Firestorm. :D :) :D :) :D
  6. Hi base466 , welcome .
  7. Brett hope to see you on some rides soon, or maybe a coffee night, also congratulations on the learners and the bike. Stay safe and get out there as much as you can.
  8. Welcome! Ride safe and enjoy. :)
  9. Welcome Brett

Enjoy the kwaka :D
  10. welcome to the wild world of netrider.. :D
  11. Welcome to Netrider Base466!
  12. Welcome to the nuthouse......... congrasts on a good choice of bike, there is only one model better that you could of bought, (that being a zzr) but hey a kwaka, so all good.

cheers stewy and look forawrd to seeing you on a ride soon
  13. G'day Brett,

Welcome to the madness.

Have fun, and stay upright.

14. Thanks everyone for your encouragement :D

I will definitely be trying to keep the thing upright. I watched that crash video before starting, it's sobering!

xxsteve wrote:
    Cheers steve. I will be looking to get to one of the rides soon. Can't wait to go along with a heap of other riders 8)

stewy wrote:
    Thanks stewy. I actually looked at the ZZR's but after seeing a '90 GPX in pretty good nick going for $1900 the decision was pretty easy. I do like the look of the ZZR though. Same engine and I have heard they are almost bulletproof!

Hope the weather clears up so I can ride to work tomorrow :) :) :) :) :)
  15. Welcome Brett and happy riding. Hope to see you around soon