Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Allow me to introduce myself...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Jagcycle, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Hello everyone! I thought a formal introduction was in order, just to let you know who you're dealing with here.

I'm 24 years old, and will be looking to get back on a bike about mid 2007, after nearly 5 years without one. :cry:
    All that time has been spent saving like crazy in order to obtain my commercial helicopter pilot's license (which I'm currently in the process of doing). This will take me until about mid next year to complete. That's why the wait to get a bike.

I prefer the sports/touring side of things, and possibly looking into getting an 1100xx eventually. There are concerns about getting such a large powerful bike so long after my last ride, but I’m a fairly conservative rider, and never over estimate my abilities. (or lack there of)

Another possibility is getting a sports bike of the mid-litre class and later converting it into a track bike, then getting a large sports/tourer. That all depends on wether I can find people who are into that scene, and if I decide that scene is for me. This is where you guys come in. ;)

But I won’t be spending any money on a bike until I finish my pilot training. I believe one can never be over prepared or over informed. That’s why I’m starting to weigh up my options now.

I’ll be looking forward to chatting to all you netriders in the future. Cheers!

2. Well you're certainly not leaving your plans up in the air :LOL:

Welcome to Netrider, where the nuttiness never ends....

3. welcome to the Forums!

taking your time is fine.....

i think i'm the current Netrider Record holder in that department.... took over 18 months for me to finally buy one :LOL:

Plenty of experience here iand a few track riders too

4. Welcome Rotorcycle. Hope you get mobile soon.

5. Seems I double posted. There seems to be quite a bit of that happening - for obvious reasons. (I'm not saying anything!) :p
    I guess the other second thread will be deleted when things get sorted out.

...and thanks for the kind welcome! :grin: