Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

News All-New SV650 To Headline The Suzuki Stand At The Sydney Motorcycle Show

Discussion in 'Motorcycling News' started by NetriderBot, Nov 19, 2015.

1. For 2016, Suzuki Motorcycles Australia reintroduces the SV650 the "Original V-twin fun machine". First unveiled at EICMA 2015, the all-new SV650 will headline the Suzuki stand at the Sydney Motorcycle Show held at Sydney Olympic Park in Homebush November ...

more ยป
  2. Anybody get a good look at this at the motorshow? What do you think the chances of us getting the full powered ABS version? As far as I can tell, this is a vtr250 with more go.
  3. it's a good looking bike.
    I hope they take a cue from Yamaha's book & release a full blooded non lams model alongside the learner legal one but time will tell
  4. I'm glad they pulled back a bit from the Gladius and took the SV back to its roots. Some nice touches too, particularly the trellis frame and subframe - really does channel the "I'm the Monster 600 that Ducati should have built" vibe of the original SV650.

I'm going to say I hope they build a full-flavour version but who am I kidding? I'm never gonna buy one, I've got my old SV sitting in my dad's garage whenever I want it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. awesome! Will be interesting to see what it is like...
  6. so
    whats a Motorbike Podcaster?
  7. Looks like they are selling for $10k and restricted to 34kW (A2 license, not even the LAMS limit).

"the internet" said the last (circa 2012) SV650 could be switched between modes by grounding/exciting one digital input...but I thought I read with this one that in the UK dealers are giving away the "A2 chip" which is normally a few hundred pounds. Does anybody know more? I'm kinda interested in a cheap, light, naked twin but neither the MT or SV are selling their full powered ABS models here in Aus.