Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

All day bike parking in Manly (NSW)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by V-meister, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Hi All,

Something similar was posted a long time ago but I think the rules have changed recently (Manly Council) so figured I'd ask in a more current thread ;)

Does anyone know of any all day (free) bike parking in Manly, near the corso?

Thanks in advance :)

2. I do believe on the street all designated bike parking zones are all day. Correct me if i'm wrong. There's always a stack of bikes outside of bacinos opposite coles in those parking spots there.

Also, i think in that little parking complex near manly library the parking in there is free/all day, but i'm not entirely sure.

Just checked manly council website and cant see anything on it either.

3. Thanks for the reply,

I'll have to see if I can find something, as from memory, the bike parking areas are time limited to 2 hours...

Cheers

4. Outside the Steyne Hotel has some spots too

5. Was up there the other week and the ones outside the Steyne were gone due to roadworks or similar. However if you go one block south towards the Surf Club there were a heap of bikes parked outside the Far West, not sure of the time limit thouh if any.

6. they've screwed us. outside the steyne hotel they used to have unlimited parking. they are widening all the footpaths and removed that spot ( 7 bikes ).

they installed a 1 hr spot back towards the intersection near the south steyne lifesaving club ( its in the cross street where the cafes end ). but 1 hour doesn't help.
    2 hours opposite coles. the only unlimited i know of is in the whistler st carpark but you'd be fighting for a spot if you didn't get there early.

councils once again screwing over motorcyclists. i sometimes feel like driving my car down just to get the two hour free park anywhere...grrr

letter from me going to council suggesting change off 1 hr near beach to unlimited like before.

7. Just park up near shelly beach and walk back to manly..

8. Just an update:

I rode to Manly today and the council carparks actually offer free motorcycle parking.

I called the Whistler St carpark yesterday and the guy said to just ride around the boom gate, towards the exit and there is a small section for free bike parking...

So today I rode into the carpark and a fellow rider actually came up to me to let me know where it was ;)

Just thought you guys might like to know in case you're ever looking for bike parking.

Cheers

9. i'd seen that there, but i assumed it was necessary to pay!

Good to know, thanks mate.