Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

All around Jackets.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Banana.Monster, Apr 23, 2007.

1. I'm stuck between three jacket choices atm, the Dri-Rider, Climate Control, the Dri-Rider Racer-X jacket and the R-Jays Octane mesh jacket. These are all around the same price range (200-250), but I would like to get some opinions of these jackets.

2. I have a Dririder Dri Mesh jacket. In summer it's just the lightweight breathable mesh with the armour, then you've got the water proof/wind proof liner and a thermal liner. In winter its the best, in summer its the best. About $295. I haven't had an off in it so I dont know what the protection and durability is like. Someone else can test that out. :grin:

3. I've got the dri-rider drimesh as well and it is fantastic - I bought it about 7 months ago, and haven't used another jacket since then and I commute daily. However, it will be a bit cooler in the winter unless i use the water proof lining, which I prefer not to (just a little more comfortable without). I am going to use a more winter-oriented jacket for the Melbourne winter. If you are in sydney or similar temperatures then all will be fine.

4. Can't speak highly enough of my RJays Octane! I even posted a thread about how much I love it!!

5. +1

6. My vote, IXON Sismic, has three layers being the outside summer jacket, then waterproof liner then winter liner. I was deciding between the Dririder Climate Control and the Sismic and picked the Sismic because it seemed better.