Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alice ride, 27th Dec - 6th Jan.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by R3D L1NE, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Dear moderators, hope I'm going the right way about this. Will post on the event calender if I get more people interested. Still ironing out the details.

Ladies and Gent's,

I'm planning a trip up to NT to enjoy the outback. I'd like to get there before they regulate their highways.

At this stage I'm planning a pretty much straight run to Alice, trying to get their before or on new years, and then a slow run back following the south coast, staying mostly in camp grounds. I've got all the maps, and have started planning the route. I'm pretty much cool to head out on my own, but thought I'd put the idea out their for people who'd be interested, have something similar planned, or have useful advice, all would be appreciated.

2. :shock: Right in the middle of the Boxing Day Test Match??? SACRILEGE!!!

3. Cricket is for old gay guys like john howard :p

4. So you're proof that bikes are too?? :p

5. Hmmm, riding my bike or sitting around watching guys in white pants stand around...

I agree, tough choice - not.

6. I would be in but I cant get out of work........only have a few days off this year. Always wanted to go up that area. My bike would only fall to bits at the side of the road and I would need to be sponsored by a tyre company to get more than 100k out of a tyre. I stop for tyres like most stop for fuel.

Have a great trip mate, wish I was coming......Crickets for fat couch potatoes.......and Hornet riders...... :grin:

7. No problems, I'm pretty much aware that I've made this semi last minute, I kinda of got a couple of weeks leave thrust upon me.

Sounded like a good idea to me.

R3D L1NE