Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Aldi - Kodak ZX1 $99

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by GnomeOomps, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Hey Peeps,

That time again where I grace you with the knowledge of Aldi awesomeness! :grin:

From the 1st of July they will be selling the Kodak ZX1 video camera for $99.
    Not too bad if your after a tank mounted camera, which I think more people should do when going for rides :)

It doesn't have an external mic, but it does do 720p HD and take 2 AA batteries. It is also "weatherproof"!
    There are a lot of reviews on youtube for it, plus google shows a bunch too.

Anyway keep it in mind, even if you want to strap one to your noggin! :-s

2. I've got one of these.

AA batteries - easily replaceable
    Good image quality
    Hasn't let me down (yet!)

Date/time is lost when you change batteries!! Come on...
    Awkward menu system - you do get used to it

edit: forgot to add that the 1/4 inch mounting is not centered, it's at the bottom left of the camera.
  3. This is very interesting indeed, I might pick one up.
  4. They are great. I use a vacuum mount on my tank and it holds very well with no shake. Mine was $90 new on ebay. I’ve also seen then at Target for about $80.

If you look closely at my avatar you might be able to see it :)
  5. gsxrjames was you mount an ebay purchase also?

edit: never mind i found the info in the other thread
  6. You may be able to find better/cheaper ones on ebay. The tripod mount on mine actually snapped first ride. It was very flimsy and plastic, it tried to adjust it and 'snap.' Pretty funny video though. The actualy vacuum mount is very strong, just not the plastic end. I ended up bending the flexi part of the mount over and used gaffer tape to attach the camera. Its not the prettiest thing but it holds really well.
    You could get something like this on ebay but you might have the same problem with the cheap plastic bits.
    Also note the mounts use 'vacuum' type suction cups which are much stronger then your typical windscreen gps suction thing. I can't pull mine off.