Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Albury-Wodonga Skills Practice & Rides ???

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Shiralee, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Hi there,
    Anyone else out there from Albury-Wodonga or surrounding area?

Does anyone know if there are any "informal training/practice sessions" locally - like what some of the Netrider guys do in Melbourne?

Would love to catch-up with other locals; maybe start a "training/practice session" (if there's not one already going). I could do with some regular practice before going for my P's - do pretty well on trips etc... it's just the basic skills I need to improve on like cone work & mostly U-turns.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi Shiralee,

I'd suggest, asking about in your local bike shops, I'd imagine, there would be other's in the area, that are in the same situation.

On any weekend, there are a heap of bikes out riding the lake Hume local roads, so try and find a group that will have you along.

Regarding the U-turn / cone work..... find a quite area on a Sunday (carpark or similar) and practice. This skill will come with practice and time.

goodluck,

dobbo

3. Thanks Dobbo.
    I'm linked in to a couple of Facebook groups - 1 is basically guys with high-powered sports bikes, that just want to fly along.

Will see what I can find through the shops.

Cheers.

4. Pop in to Whitehouse and see Steve or Jason, I'm sure they'll be happy to help you out, particularly if you buy something from them.