Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Alan Rickman dies at 69 years of age

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Mick M, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
  2. No

8 vote(s)
  3. WTF is Die Hard?

0 vote(s)
  4. Why did I click on this post?

0 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. What's up with artists dropping off the perch at the ripe old age of 69 this year?

If this trend develops, the ranks of talented individuals will be very thin by the end of it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Truly, Madly, Deeply is one of my favourite movies - And who can forget the memorable lines 'I'm going to cut your heart out with a spoon'. Why a spoon? Because it will hurt more!

I am having a Rickman festival this weekend from Die Hard to Sense & Sensibility
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. RIP

Great actor..and an awesome voice to match..

Same with Robin Hood. He took the role to a whole new level...

And as Snape as well...
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Donald Trump is 69, if there was a God....................
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. My daughter just quoted this elsewhere, from FB...

This from Facebook, 'quick! Form a protective ring around Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart!!!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. My exact two points of reference also.

The saving grace of the '91 Costner Robin Hood tragic was Rickman as the Sheriff of Nottingham.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Damn. Never heard of this Rickman, I only looked at the thread thinking it might have been about the bloke that did special frames and stuff for motorbikes.....
    Oh, and getting nervous about the passage of time.....this year I'll turn 69........ if I make it that long.
  8. May this year treat you gently.
    All the best.
  9. Thank you, Mick.

....and all the best for you and yours for the new year.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. #10 fruechtel, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    I agree, but unfortunately he is not an actor; he does not act stupid, he is......................

As to Alan Rickman; he was one of the finest actors. He could play a nasty character; but always with a certain charm and wicked sense of humour. I met him when he was playing the evil station owner Marston in the Australian made movie "Quigley down under" with Tom Selleck. Shot mainly in Central Australia around Alice Springs. This guy sat down with anyone between takes and had everyone in stitches by telling the best jokes and tales. A great loss and will be missed.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1

11. You've surely seen Galaxy Quest at least?
  12. Or even Die Hard. I've never net anyone who hasn't seen it.
  13. Never even heard of it, never mind seen it.

Nor that one, either.

As far as I know they might as well have stopped making movies after Quadrophrenia, Easy Rider, and Vanishing Point.

The lady on the Honda in VP, obviously practising for her bike rider test, was.....shall we say...outstanding?

Ooops, forgot (how could I forget?) Marianne Faithfull's Girl on a Motorcycle.
  14. I'm a no for Galaxy Quest. But not seen Die Hard? Better pinch yourself CrazyCamCrazyCam!! The cam sure doesn't stand for "camera"!