Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Aitkens Motor cycle world

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Crasher, Mar 3, 2012.

1. G'day
    Any one herd of Aitkens leaner world (http://www.aitkens.com.au/) ?
    What's their general reputation, some first hand experince would be great.
    looking to buy a Honda GB250 from them

2. Can't help you on Aitkens, but you should go and introduce your self in the Welcome Lounge. Explain your NIC to start with :) isn't it tempting fate?
  3. I'd be wary of any place that caters specifically to learner riders
  4. They're good people. We see them regularly at race events :)
  5. Paul Aiken has been in business for a long, long time. His shop used to be on Milpera Road to the east of the bridge over the river just out of Liverpool, and now he's moved. One of the gentlemen of the industry. The fact that he's catering for the Learner end of the market has nothing to do with the quality of what he sells, or of the standard of his service.

(See how Sumoto had muddied the market for all concerned?)

I might add, as of a few year ago anyway, that Aitken's is one of the few dealerships you can go into where the bloke who owns the place is likely to serve you.
  6. Ye i can vouch for him also, good fella
  7. Gb250's are grey imports
  8. Awesome,

Cheers for the replies guys. After hearing about Sumoto i make a habit of checking.
    More-so because I'm after a GB-250

Thanks again guys legends.
  9. Crasher,

Paul Aitken has been around for over 30 years now; initially he had a bike wreckers which how I fist met him (helped me when I raced speedway) and the opened up at Liverpool as a bike shop and has recently moved to Campbelltown. You should have no problems with Paul, a good operator and honest.