Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Airbag Race Suits.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Rohizle, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Been following these for a while now, decent articles from the NY times as Alpinestars are about to start selling them in the US. They've been developed in moto GP for a while now, and are slowly coming onto the market but you will pay for it (anyone have a site where they sell?). Pretty interesting how they work though.

NY Times Article for Alpinestars (10-8-11) ~ NY Times Article for Dainese (11-6-10)

An older vid of Dainese in action.

2. ... I have an airbag jacket that I got when I was learning. Got fed up with having to attach and un attach the cord to the bike... But the concept was good.

Guy we knew came off couple of times with his airbag jacket on and said it was comfortable!!...I prefer my leather jacket and pants on the road.

I can see use for it on the track.
  3. I tried one out while I was getting all my gear, pretty heavy and didn't like the idea of being corded to the bike. Got a top end Dainese instead. Very, very happy with my purchase.
  4. do you want something for the track or for the street ?