Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Air Filter Question

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by mickdundee, Nov 26, 2004.

1. had advice recently to get a foam air filter, lst longer and more efficient i'm told. Ordered it today, spoke to GSX Mike and he caned the things, reckons they shite etc, btter pff with a decent paper one, sooooooo which is the better option?

Ordered the foam one so going that way regardless now and I can keep the paper ver assuming it 's not stuffed.

EDIT: One typo and thought I would mention ZZR 600 if it helps.

2. nothing wrong with foam as long as you maintain it properly they are great. my zx9r which is a 2003 model came standard with foam. or the other option is a K&N filter reuseable as well but use surgical cotton and K&N oil these are great as well.

3. Does it REALLY matter, now that YOU have stated that YOU will be going the foam option REGARDLESS.

Would not our comments be REGARDED USELESS anyway :?:

Cheers 8)

4. he keeps going down this road though Dazza, i just think he likes to hear his own voice :)

5. hasnt this one been arround before mick?

didnt it turn out that he canned true foam filters, not cotton paper mixes like k&n and bmc?

get one of tho's and you will be laughin...