Just putting this great little Yamaha machine together after a general fix up, post purchase. I struck an unusual problem.... When replacing the rather large air-box, I noticed the clamps for the four inlet rubbers were touching, meaning they had been screwed up to tight and would be ineffective. I took the clamps off and offered the air-box to the four carb only to find the rubbers had shrunk and would not fit on the carbs. They had gone hard and were not going to fit. So, it looks like new rubber$. I often tried to recover harden rubber items and always failed.... Once tried micro-wave ovenfor 15 sec.... No good! I have also tried a solution they use for softening Go-cart tyres..... No Good. Thought of making up a piece of solid metal the size of the carb inlet diameter and heating it up and pressing into each rubber in turn. Could use pods, there looks to be enough room. I realise it isn't a major let down as air suction before the carbs is never a great problem. At the moment I'm going to leave the air-box sitting on the carbs held down by a breather pipe and the wiring harness, no clamps, then the price these little rubbers. Ideas welcome! RegardZ.