Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Timbothecat, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Hello to all and sundry, my name is Tim.

I've checked out a few threads on here as my brother posts links to them in emails and what not, but I though now might be a good time to join.

I'm not currently riding as yet, but I will be going for my L's early next year. The story goes like this. My brother bought a bike last year, which will be handed on to his lovely wife very shortly when he get's his new one (a 2011 Kawasaki 650RL ABS if his signature is to be believed) and he kept pestering me about when I was going to get my license and bike. So I made a deal with him. If I can beat my diabetes without medication, I'll join him. Well, my blood sugar is down consistently under 10 (down from 16-18) so it looks like I'm on my way! :D :biker: :dance:

I'm not sure what bike I'm going to get at this stage, but I'm sure I'll get all sorts of cool advice from the learned folks of the Netrider Forum.

Looking forward to being a part of the group.

All the best,

2. Welcome to NR Tim.
    Congratulations on kicking the diabetes. Youll have a blast on the bike ;)
  3. Thanks Chicken.
  4. Welcome Tim!
    Great work on keeping the blood sugars down!
    And yes- believe minglis signature- it's already happened. Funnily enough though..I'm now wondering what bike to upgrade to :)
    Have fun with the forum- some hilarious threads- and tonnes of great advice.
  5. Bloody hell, they'll let anyone in here now it seems. Welcome aboard Timbo. (btw, I ALREADY have the 650RL).
  6. So netrider is a family afair now, Welcome. Tim.
    Nice bike Matt BTW Black I hope?
  7. Of course.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Good choice.
  9. Thanks Mez. Blood sugar has taken a tiny beating over the last week or so with Bec's situation. It's 13.6 tonight, but that's the highest it's spiked to in over 6 weeks and 2 months ago I was HAPPY with that figure. Getting things back on track now though, so I believe that it will be regularly down to 8 by Christmas. It's too early to say it's beaten yet, but well & truly on the way. By the way, when are you looking to get your new bike? If it's about March next year I might be in a position to purchase the Honda from you by then.

minglis... of course mate, they let you in didn't they and you're proven riff raff! And I haven't seen said bike yet because? You'd love our new place, some nice "non straight" bits of road for you to have a tiny bit of fun on. Don't get me wrong, it's no Arthur's Seat or anything but there's some nice scenery, hills and bends. It's funny, I'm driving around there in the brick on wheels, the whole time imagining that I'm on a bike. hehehe...

aussieak, thanks for the welcome mate. Is the Ninja a nice bike to learn on?

I don't mind telling you though, I'm absolutely :busting: to get started. Must be patient though.
  10. Love the sig Tim.
  11. I started on the ninja from day one. Loved it since then. Will make my upgrade bike even easier to swap to when the time comes.
  12. Hi Tim and welcome to NR.

And don't worry, we are pretty fair at NR so we are prepared to give you a chance without judging you by your family background.
  13. Thanks Grey.
    hehehe... in the words of Pollyanna, "That's something to be thankful for!"8-[

By the way Matt, which part of the sig?
  14. Welcome timbo

congrats on:

controlling your diabetes

having the sense to get riding

having that immortal line from Big Bang Theory as your sig :LOL:
  15. Welcome aboard Timbo, but I'm afraid you're gonna have to change your avatar.
    It offends me, you see... ;)
  16. Thanks Paul. You're from Woolongong mate? Lovely part of the world. My cousin went to Uni there and we used to make the trip down from Penrith a couple of times a month to see him.

NiteKreeper... why do people find the number 13 so offensive? :D
  17. yes, I have the privilage of living only 6 kays from the base of the famous Macquarie Pass, and riding it for work two days a week

life's tough here on the South Coast :LOL:
  18. Haha touche!

I still wonder though: Is Cameron Ling the son of Danny, former captain of Glenorchy FC?
  19. I'm not able to post links yet, but if I could I would be showing you a picture of Leo the Paddle Pop Lion who is clearly "Dingers" father.