Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ahoy hoy

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Hungry, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Howdy everyone,

Thought I'd say g'day! I've been part of a few car clubs for each car I've had and I figured I'd look around for a motorbike group, seems I've found it!

I bought my first bike last week. A GS500F. I did the cardinal sin as well. Brand new and faired!

I'll come along to the Sunday sessions in Sydney so I can practise the MOST skills and meet a few people.

Other than that, just wanted to say g'day and look forward to going on any rides in the near future!

-Hungry

2. Hello hungry, nice to have you here. Welcome to NR, and bikes.

3. OMG, brand spankin new bike? Got oggies yet? if not, get your arse out there and put them on!!
    Oh by the way, congrats on a good choice of bike, also welcome to NR :)

4. Yeah, that's a fine choice to start out on. Dont worry about dropping it - just enjoy it.

5. No oggies yet mate, I haven't sussed out if they fit the faired version. I know they're designed for the naked one though!

Thanks for the welcome guys. Riding a bike is a completely different and surreal experience. Riding at night is awesome, no one else on the road and I can just cruise around. Went for a 70km ride last night and didn't even realise I was gone for that long! haha.

6. well best thing you can get for it, either way, enjoy the ride :)

7. #7 VladTepes, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015