Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ahoy from Lower Templestowe, Melbourne

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by yian, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Hi there all,

Got my L's last week, bought myself a Spada the day after that. Spada is at the workshop getting a few things fixed for roadworthy and hopefully I can start getting some mileage under my belt. Have ridden the bike once or twice so far (couple of blocks first time to familiarise myself with the bike and second time during off peak through some nice warrandyte roads).

Hoping to milk some knowledge from you guys as I know pretty much jack F all about bikes.

One question though, did the Spada ever come with a centre stand?

Thanks haha

Yian (kinda pronounced like yen)
  2. Congratulations on your Ls AND getting a bike! Good to see you're anxious to get out there and get experienced. No point putting it off til you've forgotten everything you've been taught.
  3. Definitely. That's the way I see it as well.

My first love will always be my car that I've built from the ground up practitally, but it's beginning to cost too much to run everyday, maintain and to keep it looking good (carpark bingles suck).

After riding the bike though, I can definitely see the attraction. Bloody good fun it is... Still a tad scary though. Still trying to get to terms that I don't have a metal cage around me :wink:
  4. Welcome, Yian, to Netrider and the joys of riding.

I don't think (having done a quick search) that the Spada has a centrestand, so I would recommend that you get a 'paddock stand' like these www.andersonstands.com

It's good to have the bike properly supported when it's parked for any length of time, and also much easier to lube the chain and carry out maintenance with such a device.

Now I guess you bought the bike in Melbourne, being a Templestowe boy (there used to be a great hill-climb track there many years ago) but if you need bits or some real expertise, you couldn't do better than call Steve Wyers at www.caringbahmotorcycles.com.au He's an importer himself, and he also makes a lot of custom parts and accessories.
  5. I have one of these stands. I was well priced and is very sturdy and easy to use. With NR discout at bikemart I think it was about $175.

A rear stand makes more sense than chasing a centre stand cause you can keep it for your next bike. :)
  6. Cheers for the heads up.

Hornet600 and Seany, I was thinking along those lines, yeah. Doing maintenence without a stand that will lift the wheels would be interesting.

Thanks also fr the link.
  7. For a better priced stand try kaneg :grin:
  8. Hah well.. that went well. Just broke the news to my parents (over-protective asian parents) and they weren't particularly .... pleased? Copped a nice hour long lecture ... hard to imagine I'm 26 eh? :shock:
  9. Good stuff mate.. Overprotective parents hey.. They will be right . :wink:

Well i could come over and show em the 14, and they can see what they really have to worry about when you upgrade.. :LOL:

Looking forward to seeing you on some rides.. :cool:
  10. Nah no need for that :wink: I'm sure they have enough worrying for the next couple of months ahead.

Definitely. I'm "allowed"... and I emphasise allowed, to ride to work everyday. Which is fine by me :) Only 5-10 mins away and I work graveyard shifts. Roads are nice and quiet and plenty of time to learn the bike.