Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ah winter time...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by lordtb, May 18, 2006.

1. Well here we have it... as far as I'm concerned winter is on us...

How do I know?? every Tom, Dick and Harry are selling up their biks... in a month they will be desperate! As luck would have it I have bought my quota of winter projects... But reminder to all DYI mechanics and noobs Time to buy buy buy!!

2. i dont know why, I ride ride ride all winter long as well as summer. :)
  3. its always winter here in tas... you get used to it. :wink:
    Hypothermia is your friend. :LOL:
  4. Gee, must admit I do like living in Bundaberg!! Probably about 26 today!!!
  5. Yeah, tell me about it. If you ask me (I know you haven't but hey) the really crappy thing about winter is there are no rides. Just looked in the calendar and nothing!!!

So tell me, do people think they are going to melt if they get wet.

Looks like I might just have to organise my own ride again :wink:

Maybe this time more than 4 people will turn up. Lucky it's not a popularity contest. It's not right? :shock: :LOL:
  6. Bit of rain aint gonna stop me from riding. Havent had much of a chance to get out on any proper rides lately so i commute instead. Would love to get out on an organised ride soon though. But I will have to buy some water proof boots soon as mine only stop the water getting back out again. :p
  7. I reckon that's probably the best number. It's more ... intimate :?
    I tend to run scared if lots of people get interested (not that that has ever happened, of course :LOL: )

Yes, by the way. I do melt if I get wet, moist is ok, though.. I used to ride in all weathers (snow, ice, etc...), but can't be bothered with all that now.
  8. I would come and play in the rain if I could , but then I picked winter to get the knee done so I dont loss good ride weather , then you get a day like today . DAM .
  9. I agree with your small number theory. The best rides I've done had <6 people. I reckon the big rides encourage people to be competitive and then people fall off and no one likes that!

But as for the melting, it just makes lunch all the more enjoyable :)
  10. Hope it's all going well. See you back out there soon :)
  11. Heh well I'm selling a bike at the mo, but it has nothing to do with the time of year. Simply have a bike surplus to my needs (and I used to think that wasn't a possibility).
  12. Man winters for that other thing thats the most fun you can have on 2 legs starting with S.
    Can you guess what it is :?:
    You all got dirty minds [-X
    Doonks you know what it is

skiing of coarse :woot: :LOL: :cool: :grin: :) :p ,next to sex,parachuting and bikes,number 1 be skiing baby,never failes to put this :LOL: on the dial,then again :-k neither does Sex I suppose :dance:
  13. :? OK I just dont get it, selling your bike because its getting cold. If you have all your gear it shouldnt matter. Put layers on in winter, good gloves, less layers in summer etc & your set & be honest it has to be really stinkin hot to feel the heat once your on the go in summer. Current jacket I have all i need underneath is tshirt & thats with the winter lining back in. Rode down to Rosedale not once did I feel the cold. Ok fingers got a bit on the numb side, but hey made for a good excuse for a new pair :wink:

We were riding that much that we sold the car. Kids old enough to do there own thing, 2 eldest getting there L's soon the youngest jumps on with hubby. Often hear how do u do your shopping etc. Hello its called Home Delivery & getting things freighted is only a couple of dollars.
  14. Is it getting cold now? I haven't noticed since I got the GTR..mmmmm, big windscreen, heat from the engine coming up behind the fairings, toasty!

Regards, Andrew.
  15. No such thing as bad weather

Just bad equipment
  16. Thank goodness for today's lovely weather.
    I was quite warm on the bike and wore my Dririder Rallycross Jacket that I bought for summer. 'twas just the right temperature.
  17. But then there's people like me, with fitted leathers. There's only so many layers you can wear under a fitted jacket!

That said, I do ride all through winter anyway. :LOL:
  18. Yeah its called good thermal underwear :LOL:
  19. LOL having spent the last winter riding every day I must admit a good woolen jumper under the dririder and dririder pants are a way to go... lowest temp I have readen in -2C and loved it...
  20. It has been raining for a long time here now, and I have still been riding everyday. I don't see why sell the bike before the hail and snow comes. Just makes for a more amusing ride :p