Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ah! Exchanging the Cage trip for two wheels...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by RedNinja, Feb 28, 2006.

?
  1. I just plain enjoy it and enjoy all the riding I can

100.0%
  2. It's cheaper than my car

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It's my only form of transport

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. All of the above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. This morning was a fine morning to take my bike to work, instead of the regular lift I share with my girlfriend in her car. She's doing a training course today and so there was no lift to be had.

I used to bike commute every day and had done for almost 5 years, rain, hail, fools, freak storms you name it, I didn't care. When I finsished my last job, I was looking forward to not bike commuting, I was very tired of it.

It's amazing how a few months of a break can make it seem all so exciting again.

I saw the regular bikers on their way to work, except this morning I got nodded at by them. I even got to said hello to a rider who has a custom tail mod from a R1 or R6 on his Yammie FZR1000, who I'd seen in traffic for months.

Nothing special happended, just felt nice to have a morning burn to work.

Hope all those that commuted on their bikes this morning did too :)

2. You missed the option of "Because Public Transport Shits me to tears"

3. i bike to work because
    1) cheaper
    2) no parking cost
    3) no traffic jam
    parking has gone to 11 bucks a day...
    petrol is about 117.9 per litre
    and the eastern fwy and hoddle street is aways packed

4. But it is a lot warmer on a cold day :LOL:

5. Cold I am not worried about, Wet may lead me to reconsider.
    But then again, I think I prefer wet to the tram line out of Kew (There are so many drivers who should not be on the road at all let alone in charge of a vehicle carrying lots of innocent civilians

6. And it takes 15 minutes instead of 30 by car or 45 by tram.

and it's ALWAYS more fun - even when it's pissing down rain :)

7. Well I polled 'all of the above' even riding to work in the rain is better than sitting in the traffic in the cage :p

Also explains putting 48000 k on the VTR in 18 months :LOL:

8. Yep me too, I have only been commuting to the city by bike for a few weeks and have had the best weather, hope i don't jinx myself :shock:

Looking at getting a one piece waterproof overalls to go over my leathers and draggins. Hopefully this will keep me dry enough, now is it the white bits that are slippery.

9. I am definitely having the hang of it. :) . A week now of riding/commuting to work is sure fun, I always take the "long way 'round" on my way back home. :grin: :grin: :grin:

10. I get free parking where I work now, but when I move in April, I think I will be using the bike a lot more often. :?

11. Hahaha

Public transport wouldn't be so bad, except for the fact that it's bloody slow, it's always late and *sigh* :roll: the public.

I agree it was an option in the poll that was missed.

12. Hmmmm I was listening to a lecturer (yeah I am doing a couple of uni subjects) bemoaning the parking at Swinnie. I was laughing. I have a parking spot a hundred metres from the lecture at my work. Its my spot. I havnt started the car since last christmas. Always use either the pushy or the motorcycle. Mostly the pushy... its actually faster for this run. (As I said in the past I dont actually use pushy lanes on the motorcycle) And of course I need the training.

Poor lecturer :(

13. Late would be a good thing.
    When you rock up before the tram is meant to arive and watch it disapearing off into the distance it is a real F@#%@r

14. Late would be a good thing.
    When you rock up before the tram is meant to arive and watch it disapearing off into the distance it is a real F@#%@r

15. You've got it wrong...

That was the earlier tram running late that you missed :LOL: :LOL:

16. none of the above

17. Hahaha :p

Why do I suspect there is more truth to this than joke?

18. Yep not only is it cheaper than the car but thanks to the nice wide roads around here I can usually shave a considerable amount of time of the trip (don't actually need to cross the centreline to overtake :grin:). That said I still don't mind driving some days - just crank up the stereo, turn on the a/c or heater, then just sit back and take my time :cool: (parking's never really an issue).

19. Yep this happend to me move from a sales job and the buggers took my car park, parking in the CBD is an absolute rip off, bike parking is free :grin:

20. Is it just me or should this be in a diffeent forum. :?