Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

AGV K4 or Arai Vector 2?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Sanzaru, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Heh guys,

Looking for some real world exp with for both helmets. I have tried both on and both fit and feel awesome. Trying to justify whether I just get the k3 as much cheaper or go with vector 2 option. both have pros and con's and I have done somewhat of a pros and cons list of each but I'm still to decide on which to get. Any reviews of riding exp with these helmets would be greatly appreciated.

2. I've been using a vector 2 for the past few years and it's a great helmet.

Don't get the Broc Parkes replica though, that's mine.

3. I use the V2 as well, had a Vector before that. Very comfortable helmets, washable liners, spare cheek pads available in 5mm increments for a snug fit. Make sure it's a tight fit to start with. The visors are expensive from Arai - but i got a genuine new one from ebay for $45 plus $15 p&p.
    Can't advise on the K3 as i stick to Arai.

4. I've got the K4 and it's a great helmet, very snug fit and comfrotable. Tried on the V2 but honestly couldn't justify the price difference. Also liked the colour scheme on the K4 better than what the I could get on the V2. Had a small issue with the K4, it leaked onto the inside of the visor when it rained, but a small adjustment to the visor fixed that problem.

5. Just get the K4, AGV are owned by Dainese now and the quality has definitely stepped up in the past few years. Arai and Shoei apply a stupid Aussie mark up, just compare our prices to the US.

6. Kenny's comment does make sense. If you're split between the lids - do the cost effective thing.