Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

AGV K3 mesh chin-guard

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Big W, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Do any of you K3 users keep that friggin mesh chin-guard thing that attaches around the front bottom ridge of the helmet? Everytime I put on & remove the helmet the bloody thing goes flying!

What is it for????
  2. My first helmet was an AGV and the hopeless way it attached means I left mine somewhere between here and Sydney just before Gundagai...

Never bothered getting another one and my current helmet has a better attachment for it... Err don't think it actually comes off...
  3. Ha! Yeah I can predict this thing will pretty much do the same thing.

I can't work out its purpose though? The flimsy piece of mesh material only stops the dribble & snot from leaking out & running down my neck!
  4. I have a K3 and that little mesh bit never gets in the way for me, It occasionally get's loosened if I put on my helmet in a rush but otherwise it's fairly solid I reckon. Maybe I just got luck though.
  5. Mine moves too , it's a pain in the a.ss .
    I think it is supposed to stop some updraft wind or some shit like that , I don't really know if it works but yep , it shits me too !
  6. I notice a huge difference between my helmets - with/without the guards.
    Cuts down a lot of updraft.
  7. wouldnt like to be without it in winter, your face just freezes up.

It comes in handy in dusty areas as well.
  8. I got the k4 and I could barely remove that chin guard by hand. Then again my helmet is new and hasnt been worn in yet.
  9. it's called a chin curtain.
    you will learn to appreciate it after a few hours on a highway.
  10. purpose. thats the area that actually gets the most air rushing in and a hollow cavity with air rushing past, therefore generates most of the helmet noise.