Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

AGV GP Pro: Breath guard just won't stay put?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by grue, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Is this a problem for just me, or do other AGV owners see this happen? The damned thing works really well when it's in place, but if I reach in to itch my face or even just pick up the helmet funny, the breath guard falls out.

Should I just superglue the sucker in place?

2. I wish I had glued mine in, lost it after a while

3. Guess that answers the question, I'll do it at work tomorrow.

4. My GP Pro guard only stayed in place with superglue - until I then bumped it loose and lost it on the road. Lesson - glue it in.

I'm sure the helmet has great protective qualities but unfortunately the crappy breath guard and the all too common broken vents let it down imo.

5. From factory this is hot glued in. I realised this when I thought it was removeble and just ripped it out.

I actually prefer the helmet without it. What is its purpose anyway? Is it to help stop fogging? Does it really make a difference?

6. Lost mine within a week of buying the helmet - it was just annoying when carrying the helmet around off the bike anyway, so I don't miss it at all.

I don't even think mine was hot glued in - it seemed to be a press fit with two very small rubber tabs holding it.

7. I was going to say a glue gun sells for $5 these days ;)

Mine works well on the shark at protecting my microphone from the wind :D

8. Hm, I haven't had any issues with my vents… but I'll be damned if I can tell if they're open or closed anyway :rofl:

9. Helps deflect your breath downward so you don't fog the visor. Seems to do the job reasonably well, albeit not perfectly.