Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Agreed Value on Spada

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by 2Fast, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Just wondering what the agreed value with an insurer on a Spada would be?
    Would be purchased for around $4250 + On Road.
    Ive had it quoted on the internet and the price of the policy greatly changes
    depending on the value i enter.
    I was thinking of putting it at around $3000, as i dont really plan on writting the bike off... Im willing to lose that maybe $1250.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. It'll depend on the year, modifications etc of your bike. As to writing off your bike, nobody wants to do that but lots of people do. It's called accidents :p The agreed value is just that, an agreement between you and your insurer.
  3. I have my bike insured at agreed value, and it's more than what is was worth when I purchased it new.

If the unfortunate happened and it was stolen at least I know I can replace it for the equivalent or better. :)
  4. ... how can you come up with an agreed value on these grey imports? The importers charge (and people pay) so much for their repainted, ex-wreck 'new' bikes that the whole market is distorted ....
  5. *I have a GS500 :wink:
  6. .........
  7. I have a SPADA insured with AAMI, agreed value of $3200.
    Its what they recomended, and it is $500 better than what NRMA wanted to agree upon. I was happy with this figure, but depending on how much you spend on your bike, you may want to agree for more.

I found the internet quote system crap, it doesnt have much consideration for bikes, and when you call them up they often give go by a much different criteria.

Id recomend calling a few up and getting quotes that way.
  8. Keep in my when you have a big accident you will loose most of your gear. So unless your policy covers gear, you need to at least make some of that up in your agreed value.